Saturday, April 11, 2015

PO-EMotion -- Despair


Flickr Creative Commons photo by Mike Bitzenhofer


DESPAIR--A FIB

curl
into
a tight ball,
pull covers over,
wail and wallow in darkness.


©Mary Lee Hahn, 2015









Carol, at Carol's Corner, will join me again this year as often as possible.

Kimberley, at iWrite in Maine, is joining me this month.
Despair of a child...and her teacher.

Kay, at A Journey Through the Pages, is joining, too!
Despair all the way into your soul.

Steve, at inside the dog, is sharing his poems 
in the comments at Poetrepository.


Heidi, at my juicy little universe, will join us when she can.

Linda, at TeacherDance, will join as often as she can.
Check the comments at A Year of Reading or Poetrepository for her poems.

Kevin (Kevin's Meandering Mind) is back this year,
leaving poetry trax in the comments.

Carol, at Beyond Literacy Link, is writing alongside us when she can.
On the Fringe of Despair


Jone, at DeoWriter, is doing a "double L" challenge. 
She and I are cross-poLLinating our challenges whenever possible. 


10 comments:

  1. This is pretty much what I felt like trying to write this poem for today. Here is my poem: Despair

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me with these sad emotions. I love the way your words curl as well. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a couple more days. Hold on! There's a light at the end of this dark, dark tunnel.

      Something to ponder -- seems like there are lots more negative than positive emotions. Hmm...what does that say about humans...or the lists we make?

      Delete
  3. Oh man. We've all been there, haven't we? Beautiful and honest. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had more time to write to your emotions, Mary Lee, but have loved seeing what everyone else is doing. I commented on this one on your other blog. Here's a response today:

    Despair
    It’s wrapped and put away
    at the bottom of my heart.
    Sometimes it startles me
    by mingling with other parts
    like joy and gratitude.
    I know my life is more than
    a box of despair.
    Linda Baie © All Rights Reserved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moments of despair make us thankful for times of joy!

      Delete
    2. Mary Lee, your poem captures the feeling of utter despair when the world is not a comfortable place. I spent the day trying to come up with words that would work for me. It was not until I heard the Gospel reading at Mass tonight that I found the words. You can read the haiku at http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2015/04/celebrate-possible.html where I am also writing for two other blogging communities. Thanks for the opportunity to write alongside you and other writers. While I cannot be a faithful participant, I would like to add my voice this year as I did last year.

      Delete
  5. "mariana trench"

    few travel
    to life's mariana trench
    where enormous pressure
    creates a vacuum
    that sucks guts inward
    and crushes
    heart
    and spirit

    and where
    darkness
    is much blacker
    than black
    and you wonder
    if you will ever
    see light again
    or whether you would
    actually even
    recognize light
    if it was,
    in fact,
    there

    and barely recognizable
    but scary large
    bottom dwellers
    brush against you
    entangling your
    arms and legs
    in their stringy tentacles
    and making it
    much
    harder
    to swim

    the descent
    is rapid
    and imperceptible

    but the ascent
    to life's surface
    is slow
    and so
    very
    painful.

    (c) Carol Wilcox, 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful on the ascent. We're cheering you on, and waiting with open arms as you come up.

      Delete
  6. I read your title as AFib. I had a long conversation today with a friend who has it and is on some powerfully scary meds. So, AFib fits right in with the despair. As the saying goes, "getting old is not for sissies."

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.